Tina Scott owns Luna (Hochopepa Bette Davis Eyes at Doucamtia) and she has written to ask us to alert other owners of the danger of dogs ingesting pine needles.  So if you walk in an area where pine trees grow or have one in your garden, please be aware of the dangers.

Luna was suddenly ill with sickness, diarrhoea, lethargy and she was dithering in the evening.  Tina's husband noticed a clump of pine needles the size of his fist in the sick!.

He looked on the internet and found various sites on pine needles with Luna's symptoms. The danger is also the pine needles can puncture the intestines.  Luna was ill three weeks previously with the same symptoms.

Thankfully Luna is much better now.